Please help my angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hilly85

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.
I had a picture fram fall off the wall and hit my tank. The glass on the picture fram broke and fell into tank after breaking one of the glass covers ontop also.
Fell into the tank and cut our poor little angelfish "melow" on the face.
Their was a little cut and a little bit of blood but not alot..
2 days later I look in the tank and she's hasn't moved from under one of the plants and where the cut was after looking like it nearly healed has now swallen heaps and has a white scab sorta looking thing on it...
Is this normal healing process for angelfish or is somthimg wrong ? Please help

Attachments

• 20220327_114114.jpg
    20220327_114114.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220327_114122.jpg
    20220327_114122.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220327_114141.jpg
    20220327_114141.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
That looks infected. Are you able to isolate the fish in a small quarantine tank and treat the fish away from your main display tank?

Yes I can do that.
What would you recommend to treat with our should I just get a recommendation from local aquarium?
Either way thank you so much

Different countries have different availability to medication. Here in the UK, without a vets prescription, we cant get hold of the really effective antibiotic medication, available for instance in US. As such i dont have first hand experience of what might be available to you in your location.

I would look for something broad spectrum, that will treat bacterial and fungal infections. You could also try aquarium salt (start at 1 Tbsp Salt per 3 Gallons of Water and you can go to 1 Tbsp Salt per 1 Gallon of Water if treatment isnt improving things).

Keep up with regular water changes in your QT. The QT won't be cycled, and pristine water quality will help no end.

Thank you so much .
Unfortunately little melow didn't make it thru the night...
However I will be going to aquarium toady to get some extras for the display tank to get the water to a higher quality.

Back
Top Bottom