Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoebe5800

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My freshwater tropical tank is getting really green, there's no algae to be seen on the side but the water is merky and green! What should I go, I've tried to let it settle, replaced my footer sponge and tried chemicals but it's getting worse! What should I do?

Attachments

• image-893464460.jpg
    image-893464460.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 77
UV will clear the tank. You can purchase small in tank units, so you don't have to use a canister filter. They make them for most tank sizes now.

Thank you! Just did a 50% water change and it looks less green but still cloudy! Will purchase one if it continues!

Also cut back on feedings. Maybe every other day. Keep the lights off most of the time until it clears. Algae needs light, and nutrients. Both are supplied by the average aquarium conditions;)

That's an algal bloom. Less light would help. Do you use a timer switch? Aim for around ten hours a day. Green water can be caused by direct sunlight. Hope this is of some use to you. (y)

My freshwater tropical tank is getting really green, there's no algae to be seen on the side but the water is merky and green! What should I go, I've tried to let it settle, replaced my footer sponge and tried chemicals but it's getting worse! What should I do?

You should check you're phosphates

I was told to put a blanket over the tank for 2 days and ignore it and it will clear and not to feed everyday

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom