Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raga

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi folks.
I have had a pair of Kribs in my Juwel Rio 240l now for 2 weeks and they have taken up residence UNDER the filtration system in the back right corner. A couple of days ago they both got very red bellies and were both doing the shaky dance etc. Only issue is, now the female won't let the male anywhere near the filter/home and I can't see under it to see if any eggs are there so don't know whether to start adding liquifry? She's not overly aggressive with him, just keeps "ushering" him away. He's very persistent though. He keeps trying to get back under the filter.
Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Sorry. Forgot to ask, how could I find out if there are eggs there?
Should I just start adding Liquifry on the chance they are there or wait till I see them swimming with mother and father??
Cheers.

If you have 2 kribs with pink bellies then they are both female, it sounds like they are just "discussing" who's territory it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi Gillie
Thanks for the reply, however they are def a male and female. He is twice the size with just a bit if colour on the fins and a diamond shaped tail whereas she is small, bright and rounded. His belly has only just started going pink a few days ago. It comes and goes.

Just like this eh? That's pretty cool, I have never experienced this before.

Attachments

• 1403452160360.jpg
    1403452160360.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 51
They typically lay eggs in a cave. The filter is internal correct? She may have layed them on the bottom of it.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403453626.334602.jpg
Here is a pic of the both of them.

Yes the filter is internal. It's the one that comes with the tank.

Yes the filter is internal. It's the one that comes with the tank.

I would do my best to check the bottom of the filter without disturbing it too much, as for feeding hold off until they are free swimming, at that point they have used up their yolk sac.

Back
Top Bottom