Plecostomus and amazon swords

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleky plec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do all plecostomus eat swords? Mine has never been exposed to this plant and has been eating sinking pellets all it's life. Is there a chance he will never eat my amazon swords?

My pleco has never eaten any plant, but I've never had swords in my tank

I have swords and a pleco and the only issue I had was he kept hiding behind them when they were tiny and he killed one overtime by beating it up. Since then, the swords have matured and grown and I added a hidey hole for the pleco. No issues for a long time and he has never eaten them at all.

It depends on the species. Some plecos, especially the larger species, will rip up, damage, or otherwise destroy your plants.

Mine just chills out on the leaf, but then again this Amazon sword is 40" is diameter and is pretty much indestructible.

micaiah12 said:
Mine just chills out on the leaf, but then again this Amazon sword is 40" is diameter and is pretty much indestructible.

Lol ok. I think the best thing to do is give him away. :( because he uproots everything. And it's annoying.

Back
Top Bottom