pokmijn 10g nano build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pokmijn

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so i will be starting my new project i took down my 55 a long time ago and decided i need a tank so im going with a nano this time its gonna be a 10g with a 20g sump i will be skimming because i work a lot and will be late on water change sometimes i will post pics as i go

P.S. Might be a slow build cause everything is from scratch here's what i have already:
standard 10g
Mag 5
150w heater
overflow box(testing on my 55 freshwater right now)
20 sump(testing on my 55 freshwater right now)
9w UV Sterilizer(free so why not)
BakPak Skimmer
Two coralife 65w power compact(over a ten should be plenty)
10 pound of uncured rocks(curing right now)

So after the rocks are done i will setup the tank

pics coming soon...

why a 10 with a 20 sump? why not the other way? or is it an already made sump?

IMO if you could youd definitely want the 20, having had a 55 you should know you can put a lot more in the 20 and you know youll want to =]

Here's the rock curing
img_1163431_0_452b9cff2303a06bd027f81a570acc7f.jpg

img_1163431_0_452b9cff2303a06bd027f81a570acc7f.jpg
couples_forever

Yeah the 20g is a seaclear sump thats why and yes i want to go with the 55 but i dont have the funds to buy a light at this time thats the reason lol.

good stuff, good stuff. and i didnt mean for you to change the 55 to SW, i was just saying youd know you can fit more in a bigger tank and more is what youd want if youd had a choice between the 10 and 20 as a DT

good stuff, good stuff. and i didnt mean for you to change the 55 to SW, i was just saying youd know you can fit more in a bigger tank and more is what youd want if youd had a choice between the 10 and 20 as a DT

Oh lol i would choose a bigger tank if i had one but i dont so to bad for me maybe in the future when i get a raise from my work ill upgrade but for now the ten will do.

Im hoping i can setup it up this weekend if not the for sure next weekend the tanks will be fiilled with water.

will do, im getting new bulbs friday so the tank should be setup by sunday, i still need to find a spot for the tank in my room.

well i had time on my hands so i ended up setting up the tank but it didn't work out like i wanted i couldn't put the skimmer anywhere cause its too high for my sump so ill have to find another one but everything is up and running except for the lights and skimmer it will be on friday for the lights and i dont know if the lady will like the tank because the overflow is kind of loud but will see what she say when she hears it.

Pics coming soon i have to to take pictures.

and now we wait for the cycle.

ask around in the general SW for the loud overflow, ive seen plenty of threads about people fixing them so theyre silent.

hopefully you can keep all you want under PC, i know i cant keep what i want lol

ask around in the general SW for the loud overflow, ive seen plenty of threads about people fixing them so theyre silent.

hopefully you can keep all you want under PC, i know i cant keep what i want lol

ill be able to keep what i want maybe a few sps too but very high in the tank and the low light ones only. Didn't get time to take pictures yet so stay tune for sure tomorrow when the lights are on it.

Im liking the current the mag 5 is putting in the ten gallon i thought i was gonna need to buy a koralia nano but i didn't need to.

that's some beautiful LR you have!

and you trying for sand sifters? that looks like quite a deep sand bed.

something about those plain rectangular tanks just really get me, love em!

keep updating!

No im not getting any sand sifters i dont even know which fish im gonna get yet but here some more pictures

Tank with new lights
img_1164461_0_b2b6afb7ce87de606aaae40a091f9e09.jpg

picked up a new test kit yesterday
img_1164461_1_62369911a0d2634521de3d32bcd99256.jpg

i tested the water but no readings yet

Correction-

+1 on the saltwater Test kit so far that's the best I've used for Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite. IMO

Last edited:
oh and im currently setting up an ato system i just need to find a container to store the water and im hoping this float valve dont fail on me since i got it from ebay for 5 bucks.

i still wish i could find a way to run my skimmer cause i had never ran a saltwater without a skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom