Pomacea bridgesii breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know most don;t want more snails but i want to try and breed them. I did actually get my first clutch but it was not fertile as they never hatched and the cluster was nothing but goo after 4 weeks.

Anyway, I know the basics, pH over 7.4, high GH and KH, temp 76-82F, and about a 2 inch gap from the top for somewhere for them to lay the eggs, I know they rep[orduce sexually and I have a male and a female.

What I don't know is are there any special foods, temp changes, or other special tricks that help to get them to breed? Does the glass have to cleaned? Will lighting cause them not to lay eggs? Is there something I can put in there that they may use to lay their eggs? Are there any other tricks that can be used to induce them to lay their clusters that I may be missing?

one other quick thing, is epson salt, MgSO4 bad for snails? Mine don't seem to like it much. Either that or I am not adding enough.

Back
Top Bottom