Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will post pics this evening. Went and looked at some pisto caucatuoides last night. I wasnt impressed to say the least. Short fins, unclean water, muted colors. Had to pass.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That just means you will have to hurry and grow your's out from the auction and get some quality stock going. That will give me some time to finish getting the fishroom put together so I can have a pisto row as well.(y)

Hmmmm.... That statement makes me a tiny bit worried.

This wasn't meant to make any of you nervous.
You all know better or as well as I.
I thought about it before hand,and when Poppa asked about the angels , I think it was Sun/Mon and my GBR were going to be shipped.
I briefly thought about if she would become egg bound but honmestly have never had that issue(ever)??
I do however really believe her condition was the issue.

To share this info after you ship would have been useless IMO so I felt it needed to be put out there.
The timing of it all is "fishy".:hide:
Sorry had to!:nono:

Ever hear of 'red zebra' angels?

Geez, I go away for 1 lousy day and I'm already 4 pages behind. You guys chat an awful lot. :whistle::eek::lol:
Now, I'm not saying this is the case with these fish but I would be leery of a red version of an established line where the fish was not red from coloring foods. At the auction, I met a Discus/ Angel breeder, ( quite well known as well :whistle: ) who was pushing a food( not from his company) there on the auction block, due to it's higher concentration of red producing ingredients. So, does this mean that all red fish are artificially colored? No, but it might be in this case. ;)
Just tossing this out there. :whistle:

As for the Ram death, it kinda goes with what I was saying. Breeding is very stressful on fish. From preparing to spawn to actually caring for the spawn. It just makes the fish weaker. The ammonia in the bag could have been produced just from them breathing, possibly hyperventilating due to the more strenuous condition of the pre spawn female. You also don't know if the male was releasing milt into the water which also could have had some effect. Yet another reason why not shipping a fish so close to spawn is not a good idea. :whistle:

(y)

EDIT: Yet another reason why not shipping a fish so close to spawn is not a good idea, should have read "Yet another reason why NOT shipping a fish so close to spawn IS a good idea." ( I missed that double negative before. Sorry :flowers: )

My only issue with waiting on the angels is temperature. If they aren't sent in the next week or so poppa will be stuck with them until April....

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

I saw 'red fin zebra Angels' at my LFS today. Sadly I also learned they were closing. :( They are an awesome store, so I'm super sad. There is still one left, but it's not as good IMO.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I was starting to wonder if we needed to call out a search party. 24 hrs with no comments in this thread. That has to be a first (at least since I started following). [emoji1]

I was about to send dominos...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Threw out my back. Muscles n discs pinching sciatic nerve. Pumped full o relaxers... Can barely keep eyes open.

Threw out my back. Muscles n discs pinching sciatic nerve. Pumped full o relaxers... Can barely keep eyes open.

Get better soon Bruh...in the meantime chill...

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rest and get better! Don't know what we'd do without you here and I don't wanna find out

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

That sounds like no more big tanks... Maybe I need to take a little trip over the state line to pick up some tanks and their inhabitants... [emoji12][emoji225][emoji226][emoji245]

Honestly though, I hope you get feeling better. I have had my share of back pain, and it is no fun. Get feeling better, and if you need anything, you know my number.

Ill be OK. Just not supposed to lift much or exert myself til the spasms stop.

Ill be OK. Just not supposed to lift much or exert myself til the spasms stop.

Been there. Rest. And take it slowly. Even if you are feeling good pace yourself and don't push it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thats it I'm sending a care package full of goodies for you! Free of charge...though a spot on the EBR baby waiting list would be a nice repayment.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not a Dr. nor do I play one on TV but I can diagnose this for you: You have "Old fish person's disease." :brows: No true fish guy or gal doesn't have a bad back. If they don't, they haven't been with fish long enough. :lol: So welcome to the club. :flowers:
I have to admit, I wasn't expecting this from you for a few more years. :nono: Guess I don't need to tell you to "Bend with the knees, not the back." Your back told you for me. ;)
Hope you have a great heating pad. You need one if you don't. It makes the back more bearable. I have 2 because I am OLD. :brows: 1 is in the living room for my chair and the other is in my bedroom for when I can't get out of the bed. ( I learned that the hard way. :eek: ) Both remain plugged in and ready for use at all times. ;) (y) Just something to keep in mind. ;)(y)

Lastly, mark this birthday on your calendar as the day " it all went downhill from here." :ROFLMAO: ( Sad but true. ;):ROFLMAO: )

Feel better soon my friend. :):flowers:

Get better bro, I know how you feel its one diseases the fish don't get, only the keepers...hard to treat and takes time and rest.[emoji6]

Clem

Ill make it through. At the doc getting it checked up on.

Threw it out chucking discs, or putting up the truck at work? Lord knows truck days are the worst on a back. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Back problems are something that's hard or nearly impossible to bounce back from

Jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom