Populating 65 Gallon after 4 years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kirby

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We've had this tank for 4 years. Several Angels, many bottom feeder catfish and a 'big boy' pleco. We are now down to 1 big Angel boy plus all the others. We want to introduce some middle swimmers that will get along with the big Angel boy and all the others.
Any suggestions?

You have a lot of choices here. A school of praecox (dwarf neon) rainbowfish or threadfin rainbowfish would be beautiful with an angel. A large school of tetras would be pretty, too. I have always heard that angels will eat neons or cardinals if they are small enough, but I've had angels with cardinals many times and never saw it happen in my tanks.

Your success largely depends on the angel. Some angels can be nippy or aggressive, so whatever fish you pick, it's always good to have a backup plan in case there is trouble.

Dwarf cichlids would work. Provide wood, plants and rocks to break line of sight and established territories. Id also add a schooling fish as fearless pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom