Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hondatek said:
Another small update . The sump issue has been resolved but I still plan to beef it up some. I only test ammo and trites today.ammo was 4 yesterday and 1 today. Nitrites still off the charts . Going to let it do it's thing for another day and turn my skimmer back on . It's so close to being done . I am extremely excited now and trying my best to ignore the tank.

Nice to know it's coming along. A great fish to add is a pink tail trigger or blue jaw trigger. Both are one of the least aggressive triggers and most beautiful

I know I really like the triggers. But as I said before I'm just not willing to have any fish that has any chance of hurting porc chop. My stock is still undecided but i do know I want a powder brown tang and a sailfin tang.

It stands for fish only with live rock. There should be a sticky you could read that has all the abbreviations that are used on here.

Hondatek said:
I know I really like the triggers. But as I said before I'm just not willing to have any fish that has any chance of hurting porc chop. My stock is still undecided but i do know I want a powder brown tang and a sailfin tang.

The pink tail trigger is the least aggressive out of all but I understand even though I doubt there would be any aggression if it was added last.

I'm looking them up in my book now. My co worker got me the new encyclopedia of the saltwater aquarium for x mas. It's a pretty good book. If I do get a trigger it won't be until chop gets over a foot and it would be a small trigger.

Hondatek said:
I'm looking them up in my book now. My co worker got me the new encyclopedia of the saltwater aquarium for x mas. It's a pretty good book. If I do get a trigger it won't be until chop gets over a foot and it would be a small trigger.

Lol chop is going to chop the trigger.

Haha maybe but when I got my lion who isn't 2 inches chop paid him no mind. The book says the pink tail are docile and can be mixed with appropriate sized fish. On the other hand the compatabilty chart says porcupinefish and triggers are a caution. The book says porcupine puffers can be with other porcupine puffers. I wish I could tell male from female I would bring the lion back to the Lfs and just have the two puffers.

Hondatek said:
Haha maybe but when I got my lion who isn't 2 inches chop paid him no mind. The book says the pink tail are docile and can be mixed with appropriate sized fish. On the other hand the compatabilty chart says porcupinefish and triggers are a caution. The book says porcupine puffers can be with other porcupine puffers. I wish I could tell male from female I would bring the lion back to the Lfs and just have the two puffers.

Lol what I've noticed is any fish that is venomous or spiky won't every get picked on. My triggers are terrified of my lion but the triggers nip at each other. I added my puffer yesterday and they don't bother him and he didn't bother anyone. I think you will be fine with the pink tail trigger as he is even considered reef safe

I have a good update today. Ammo is now between .5 and 1 ppm. Nitrites are still off the chart but not as dark of a purple . Nitrates are between 10 and 20ppm. I'm going to get my cheato for my fuge tomorrow and hook my fuge light up. Just came back from Lfs and they have a sailfin tang for 33 bucks and a powder brown for $38 they said if they sell them they would be able to get more with no problem.they also have a copperband butterfly that is eating good on frozen foods for $38. I know they are hard fish but when the tank is ready I might take a shot at it .

Got my cheato today . Also hooked the light up. It's a clamp lamp with a 6500 k swirly daylight bulb. Some pics of the sump left to right . And a pic of porc chop just for fun.

Latest test results bring up a question. I had 8.2 ph 0 ammonia possibly 5 nitrites or still off the chart it is hard to tell. My nitrates have gone from 10-20 to barely 5 ppm. The only change I made was add the cheato and light the fuge. Is this going to stall my cycle at all? I added a cap of ammo to keep the bacteria alive.should I also remove the cheato? Thanks

What can I temporarily keep it in ? I dont really want to toss it. Bucket of old tank water from my other tank and a air pump?

Ok I'll give it one more day and see how the water tests. I had cheato in the back of my emporer filter for a month so I think I can stick it in there for a week or too. I forgot about that Xmas has me so tired. Thanks.

Hondatek said:
Ok I'll give it one more day and see how the water tests. I had cheato in the back of my emporer filter for a month so I think I can stick it in there for a week or too. I forgot about that Xmas has me so tired. Thanks.

Well good luck. I'm also loving the dog!

Hondatek said:
Thanks that's my buddy Milo . I adopted him in October . He didn't like those antlers at all.

Lol I wish my parents would allow me to get a dog. I currently own a Military Macaw named Miley and a serval named Leo the leopard lol

Back
Top Bottom