Possible 55 gallon stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

niks93gt

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm getting a 55 gallon for christmas so I got a few stocking questions. Here is what I'm thinking...

2 Angels
1 Rainbow Shark
6 Spotted Corys
4 Dwarf Gouramis
6 Gold Danios

I'll start out with 4-5 angels so I can get a mated pair. Anyone see any problems with this stocking? Thanks!

Nik

Yes, I agree. My rainbow is getting more aggressive as it gets larger. I have mine in a semi-aggressive tank so it's no big deal, but angelfish may feel differently. Also, danios can be nippy IME. The angels' fins may prove too tempting, but then again, it may be fine. If you want to make sure, replace the danios with a school of tetras like gold pristellas, black neons, Von Rio, rummynose, etc.

JMO.

i think it sounds great. i have never had a problem with danios being nippy, though of course everyone's experiences do differ.

i would also personally add an algae eater - perhaps a bristlenose?

zenkatydid said:
i think it sounds great. i have never had a problem with danios being nippy, though of course everyone's experiences do differ.

i would also personally add an algae eater - perhaps a bristlenose?

Sounds like a good suggestion to me. Either one or two of those or about 6 ottos.

Bristlenoses are hard to come by around here... but I would like one. Also, I was thinking of getting a black ghost knife... I have a place I can transfer it once it gets bigger. Will it be okay with the cories and a bristlenose?

Nik

i would not put a ghost knife in your tank. it will bully the other bottom dwellers, and in not very long, eat them.

Back
Top Bottom