possible 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i might be getting a 55 gallon, but if i get it, it will have to replace my 29 gallon and 10 gallon tanks. ill use the 10 as a quarentine and keep the 29 for a saltwater tank in the future. so i have a couple of questions.
1. are 55 gallon tanks safe to keep upstairs?
2.will this stocking work?
12-congo tetras
6-8-julii corys(from 10 gallon)
2-cockatoo apistos(from 29 gallon)
1-angelfish
1-red tailed shark
1-guppy(from 10 gallon)
:thanks:

allaboutfish said:
so i might be getting a 55 gallon, but if i get it, it will have to replace my 29 gallon and 10 gallon tanks. ill use the 10 as a quarentine and keep the 29 for a saltwater tank in the future. so i have a couple of questions.
1. are 55 gallon tanks safe to keep upstairs?
2.will this stocking work?
12-congo tetras
6-8-julii corys(from 10 gallon)
2-cockatoo apistos(from 29 gallon)
1-angelfish
1-red tailed shark
1-guppy(from 10 gallon)
:thanks:

You should ask someone to test the strength of your floor and see if it can hold 467.5 pounds in a single area, water is about 8.5 lbs per gallon. Don't forget the weight of the decor also. Everything sounds fine.

a longer what? oh and right now the floor is holding 45gallons from three tanks in one spot and it would be 15gallons more.

A 55 should be fine upstairs. But absolutely don't put cories with your apistos... they've suffered enough.

The apistos attacked aaf's cories in a 29 gallon; I don't know why they shouldn't in a 55. A 55 is shallow depth-wise and doesn't have a much larger footprint.
would a red tailed shark get along with the corys? also does the rest of my stocking look ok? ill probably give the apistos a 20 gallon long to themsleves.

would a red tailed shark get along with the corys? also does the rest of my stocking look ok? ill probably give the apistos a 20 gallon long to themsleves.

Good idea! I think the shark would fare much better with the cories; especially if you just add one. The apistos really need their own space!

would the apistos be ok in a 10 gallon until my bearded dragon gets his bigger tank? a month or so?

well im buying the tank tomorrow hopefully so i guess ill just wait and set it up when i can move my bearded dragon. so
12-congo tetras or black skirt tetras
8-corys
1-angelfish
1-red tailed shark
1-bristlenose pleco
will that work?

I'd go with the congos. That sounds pretty good to me. You could do one more small schooling fish, I think.

Back
Top Bottom