possible 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I think 6 congos and 6 of another, smaller species (though not small like CPD's, smaller like, idk, flame tetras or something).

allaboutfish said:
what about boesmans rainbows?

Oh Boesmans are pretty and like alkaline water. The males are more reddish and light blue while females tend to be orange and grey blue (this is from experience, I don't know if that's exactly how it works in nature). They are active and not to mention peaceful. Five would do fine in your tank, but I think you'll have to choose between the barbs or the rainbows.

So where are the apistos going?

FWIW, if you're going to have success with them and the cories, it's a lot more likely in a 55 than in a 29. I don't know who said that there isn't much of a difference in the footprint of the tanks, but a 30x12 footprint to me is a lot different than a 48x12 footprint. That's not to say it will definitely work out, but with more space for the apistos to claim their territory, at least the cories can stay out of it.

well the apistos were going into a 20 gallon long plus i dont think having two territorial fish on the bottom with my corys is a good idea.

how many boesmans rainbows could i do in this tank if i took out the congos?

im thinking they'll have enough room to where they could out smart him sinch ill plant the tank. plus ill add him last.

Back
Top Bottom