possible sick clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondanation09

Aquarium Advice Activist
Biocube HQI 29 Tank almost 5 weeks old.
live rock 20lbs live rock
10 lbs key largo rock
lr rubble refugium
in tank media with filter floss, perigean, chemo-pure elite
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Salinity 123
10% water change per week with RO water (no DI)
Temp = 79.5
1 koralia 420 and 1 MP-10

1 occ clownfish that has been in there since week 1 and was doing fine until 2 days ago...eating and growing (mysis shrimp and flake food by cobalt)

smaller occ clownfish just added 10 days ago who started out swimming on sides and not eating...even now smaller clownfish still does not seem to eat well although it is now swimming normal all over tank and eating a little

smaller clown seemed to have small thin stringy poop that lasted a couple of days and is now gone

bigger clownfish just 2 days ago seems to have swollen lips and mouth does not completely close...mouth lips look kinda white but not pure white...more discoloured. Now I see some stringy white poop on the large clown as well.

Bigger clown not eating like before...it would attack anything put into tank...shrimp or flake...now kind of ignores everythingg but swims with smaller one all the time

This morning larger one was lying on belly on bottom of tank with larger one swimming on top of it...then finally started swimming.

The lack of eating and swollen mouth is concerning...sorry I have no quarantine at the moment (trying to figure out a spot at the moment).

Both fish were drip acclimated over 2 hour period.

Any treatment I can do directly in tank without harming beneficial bacteria?
Do I turn off skimmer for treatment?
Or just ride it out and see what happens? Could this be nothing?

Back
Top Bottom