Possible Sick Pleco - Advise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just picked up some prime like one of the readers suggested. How much of a water change should I do?

I just double checked the test and they are still reading that.

CouponDiva said:
I just picked up some prime like one of the readers suggested. How much of a water change should I do?

I just double checked the test and they are still reading that.

30-50% IMO. Has anything gotten into the tank like fly killer, flea killer, perfume, air freshener, etc. What fish are gasping?

The fish that are gasping are the neons and the cherry barbs. I just found a neon dead :(

I will go ahead and do the water change. Do you think I should add some of the bacteria supplement?

Nope none of those sprays got in there. We don't use anything.

Oh and can you check your tap water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and the pH? Check the pH now and check the pH from a cup of water that's been sitting out over night to degas.

So the fish are doing a lot better and not gasping for air after I did a 50% water change. The water is kind cloudy but getting better. The pleco on the other hand still is getting some discoloration. Hopefully he pulls though...
Thanks Elise for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom