Post your best tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I luv em too! They're my current addiction, along with my gbr's, plecos, yellow labs, goldfish and glolight tetras.... lol. I have a problem don't I? I see some type of therapy in my future because I still want cpd's, Gertrude's rainbow's and shrimp!

Lol. Nope. You just sound like me!! I have 3 dogs and my fish tanks. My brother says he will put me in therapy when I get a bird. I'll just avoid getting a bird.... I can have as many fish as I want! :fish: haha

What is that plant in the mid ground that is thick with a bit of red?

You can use one of the red Wendtii Crypts, there is Red, Bronze, Mi Oya, and Florida Sunset. For stem plants there is Cabomba Furcata, Limnophila aromatica 'hippuroides' (one of my favorites), Myriophyllum tuberculatum, Rotala Indica (Rotala roundifolia), Rotala macrandra, Rotala Wallichii, and Telanthera Rosefolia (Alternanthera reineckii). With stem plants all you have to do is keep them trimmed to the height you want. For something alittle bolder you can try Red Tiger Lotus.

Here's a current picture of my 220g. As you see it's growing out since re-scaping and the last pic's tanken on the 12/1. Still waiting for the background plants to reach the surface and the new Proserpinaca palustris to finish chaning to it's immeresed form and chaning all the way to orange (it's at the yellow stage now) but we are getting there. Figure in a few more weeks I'll be able to post pic's of the tank in all her grown in glory... I'm actually getting excited as I'm finally getting close to where I want the tank to be. Sorry the halides are so bright they give a real glare to the plants in it's direct growth path.

Attachments

• Full with halides 7.jpg
    Full with halides 7.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 74
Here's a current picture of my 220g. As you see it's growing out since re-scaping and the last pic's tanken on the 12/1. Still waiting for the background plants to reach the surface and the new Proserpinaca palustris to finish chaning to it's immeresed form and chaning all the way to orange (it's at the yellow stage now) but we are getting there. Figure in a few more weeks I'll be able to post pic's of the tank in all her grown in glory... I'm actually getting excited as I'm finally getting close to where I want the tank to be. Sorry the halides are so bright they give a real glare to the plants in it's direct growth path.
Wait a min. I've got to pick my bottom jaw up to talk lol
Very nice it looks 100% better since the last time I've seen it :) can we say stunning

Wait a min. I've got to pick my bottom jaw up to talk lol
Very nice it looks 100% better since the last time I've seen it :) can we say stunning

Thanks! Isn't it amazing what a few weeks can do after replanting. Just wait till it's truely grown all the way in. I finally feel like I'm in the home stretch of reaching my goal. Just alittle more growing and alot more growing for the Cabomba Furcara in the left corner that you can hardly see.

Its beautiful :)

I have tried to order a few colorful plants but since the package changes from cold to hot when coming down here I always just get a bag of mush so ill wait for spring to order more.

Yep I won't order any plants once temps go down for that very reason. I "think" ExtraPlant has their plants come from Florida so that could be a choice for you in winter. I have gotten plants from them before and they are of good quality.

Probably not the best pic since it was taken with my phone and the water still a little cloudy from moving stuff around but here is my 6ft 150 mixed African ;)

Attachments

• image-3328173508.jpg
    image-3328173508.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom