Post your planted tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed, totally feel your pain. So far I like it it's starting to sprout from the middle upwards. Very nice light green to it. I've read you need to prune it low to the substrate and it will begin to grow horizontally as opposed to vertically and you can plant the trimmings as well. Where'd you buy from? I ordered 10 from aquariumplants.com and they have me close to 20 good pieces!

I actually bought mine as the emersed version from petsmart. 1 pack for $8 gave me that entire area worth of plants. They are just now starting to grow so we will see if its going to work out. I did just add root tabs to the substrate under them so I'm not sure if that'll help.

Wow cool ill have to check them for plants. Not many fish stores by me have plants. I dont like the tube plants at petco they all look half dead and it's annoying seeing the bamboo plants lol

Very nice tanks everyone! I plan on adding even more plants to mine. But here's my current tank. Does anyone use Flourish Excel? I'm thinking about getting some so my plants can have daily liquid CO2

image-662104123.jpg

Very nice tanks everyone! I plan on adding even more plants to mine. But here's my current tank. Does anyone use Flourish Excel? I'm thinking about getting some so my plants can have daily liquid CO2

I use excel, dry ferts, and root tabs in my tank.

I use Excel daily, Comprehensive weekly, AquariumPlants root tabs monthly and DIY CO2.
I've gone from regular gravel to EcoComplete. Light wise, T-8 to dual T5NO to Finnex FugeRay.

Growth wise, the biggest improvement came from the addition of DIY CO2 (with all other factors in place) followed by the switch to LED lighting.

Bowl with hairgrass

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130803_002720.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130803_002720.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 235
I like the bowl/cup/vase nanos. Those L. Cardinalis? Any shrimp in there?

Ya I got it it from pet smart one day and its growing very well
What type of shrimp should I put in there. I have a few red cherry shrimp in my 15 gallon tank. How many of those do u think I could put in this 1 gallon bowl.

My planted discus 55 gallon before it split! I'm setting up another 55 soon for a breeding pair of stendkers I've got :)

image-191594986.jpg

image-1512498003.jpg

My planted discus 55 gallon before it split! I'm setting up another 55 soon for a breeding pair of stendkers I've got :)

What do you mean split? And are both the same tank just different scape? They look very similiar

What do you mean split? And are both the same tank just different scape? They look very similiar

Yeah same tank just before and after adding a litter of almond leaves :) and the tank split from top to bottom on the right side rounded edge :( the tank drained in around ten minutes!

Omg, that's terrible

It was propper nuts but got to look on the bright side that tank was initially set up with nothing suited for plants eg soil etc. so I had to try and add things as I learnt more about a planted tank so was kinda getting annoyed with it obviously I would of it rather not split! But gotta look on the bright side of life ayy! Got big plans for my next tank so looking forward to it :)

I have pics in my profile, but here is my favorite vid of my 10g. Excuse the music.

http://youtu.be/aptmdICahvM

I use
Flourish Comprehensive
Excel
DIY Root Caps

I started with just Leaf Zone and even that helped.

Club members keep trying to get me to go with dry ferts, but since I only have 31g total between 4 tanks, liquid is easier for me.
2 10g
2 5.5g

image-1360009109.jpg

Back
Top Bottom