Potted Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camescu

Aquarium Advice Freak
This may qualify for a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway so I become a little less dumb :cool:

So, you buy a potted plant, it has that spongy foam stuff packing it into the pot.....

Do you put the potted plant into the substrate, pot and all?

or

Do you take the plant out of the pot, get rid of the foam stuff and plant the plant only into the substrate?

You should remove all packing and plant the roots in the substrate. Not a dumb question, I once asked the same thing! What kind of plant?

You should remove all packing and plant the roots in the substrate. Not a dumb question, I once asked the same thing! What kind of plant?

all of them that are potted so far haha. i dumped them all into the tank in their pots. i'll be having a shifty about shortly, but could do with a bit more sand to be honest.

Crypts mostly.

Thanks.

Good luck! Crypts are heavy root feeders so root tabs will do wonders for growth!

Cheers. I'll be getting some more sand tomorrow and some root tabs at the weekend. Got Anubus and swords as well so tabs seem the way forward.

Also using liquid ferts. Brand name escapes me right now.

Remember anubias should not have it's rhizome buried, tied to a rock or wood is best.

Swords, crypts, wisteria, and bulb plants all need root tabs as they are heavy root feeders.

Back
Top Bottom