Pregnant or sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyMamma

Aquarium Advice Freak
IMG_3726.jpg
This is the last of three Julii Cories I introduced to my 30gal. aquarium a coupe of months ago. I’ve been planning on getting him/her some friends since but haven’t made the trip. I know they should be in groups of 5-6 minimum. I never figured out why the other Cories didn’t make it.

I generally do 50% water changes weekly, but will admit to getting behind for a few weeks due to illness. As soon as I did a couple big water changes this started.

Anyway, over the last few days it’s belly has swollen up. No pineconing or any other signs of disease. Could she be about to lay eggs without any other Cories? Or is it some disease?

Info: planted tank, 30gal, Marineland HOB Penguin BioWheel 150 filter, tank has been going for more than a year. Only other occupants are a happy and healthy Betta and some number of RCS.

I always use Prime.

Parameters: ammonia, hard to tell. My water company must use ammonium because it registers as .50 ppm out of the tap, but reduces to a faint green (not quite zero) by the next water change due to the BBs.
Nitrites always 0
Nitrates usually 5.0 ppm but got high by the time I did a major water change.

Back
Top Bottom