Pregnant??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajcile612

Aquarium Advice Regular
So about 4 months back I bought a neon red lobster. It's in a 20 long and waters are all fine. It has molted once and now has been staying in its whole allll the time. So I decided to pick it up and look in to see if it was alive. Lol come to find out it looks like its carrying eggs. But I have no idea how it could be pregnant. It's in the tank with a couple zebra danios and some feeder ghost shrimp. Any ideas on how she got pregnant? And what do I do now? Help please

Anyone have anything? She still will not come out of her cave at all.

Anyone have anything? She still will not come out of her cave at all.

Maybe she had a night stand with the ghost shrimps haha jk.

On real note, she probably has eggs but they are probably unfertilized. I'm not sure what usually happens with crayfish but fish just lays them and move on.

From my experience, they can retain sperm. Mine is berried for the 3rd time, and I've never had a male in with her. Her previous home obviously did lol.. The little eggs will eventually start falling off, and hatching. They're soo tiny when they're born!

That's what I have been reading! Do they eat at all when carrying? Or is there anything I should or shouldn't be doing? I moved her cave once to see if she was alive because I haven't seen here in a while. Anything helps!

Lol I just moved the cave that mine hides in, and she crawled further up into it. I haven't seen her come out to eat, but I'm assuming she does when it's dark. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't do anything special and she's on her third batch.

Back
Top Bottom