Problems cycling 25gal Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i decided that i just going to go ahead and finish this the correct way, so my new question is when i add dechlorinater to whats left of my aquarium(i use prime )which is fiffty drops for my 25gal aquarium since your supposed to dose for the entire volume of water if adding it directly to tank instead of dosing seperate buckets, will this hurt my bactieria since im putting chlorine water in there but i have the fifty drops of prime waiting in the water or does it do it instantly and decholrinate water where it does not hurt bacteria

The PH drop just stalled things a bit, it didn't kill the cycle completely.

If you add enough Prime for the whole tank into the tank after draining the water you can safely add the water directly to the tank. You can also dose each bucket seperately, either way will work. I hope this answer your question.:)

If your dosing directly to the tank, add the Prime before refilling with new water. Wait about 10mins before you turn the filters, etc back on to allow it to disperse through out the tank. Alot of people on here (myself incl) use pythons/aqueons/similar water changers for pwcs & dose the tanks before refilling without any problems.

oh well i didnt do that this time but i had the filters running with out my filters in it the were sitting in a bucket with old aqua water in there so does that hurt it was like taht for atleast a good 15 mins

I am sure your fine. Its not necessary to remove the filters when doing water changes unless your giving them a swish in bucket of tank water to remove debris. You should turn off/unplug anything in your tank before doing a water change/sticking your hands in simply as a safety precaution.

okay well say worst case seninario my ammonia crash lasted for 24 hours how much would this set my cycle back lol im really paranoid bout this considering it took me 33 days to get me to this point

When your tank is new, wait till filter pads are really gunky before rinsing in tank water. You want those bacteria to get a good foothold in there. The first time I rinsed mine my tank did a mini-cycle afterward. You're doing fine. Mine took about 6 weeks.

well i rinsed it in a tiny bit just enough to cover it and i didn't "rinse" it i just kinda flipped it around int a small bowl of water but i didn't rinse my bacteria sponge so say i did rinse some bacteria off and my bacteria suffered a ph crash for 24 hours how far would this set me back thats my main question

good on the other website i on the purpus kinda gets lost to my thread or ppl get dis intrested and stop replying and leave me out in the dust

Back
Top Bottom