Prochilodus Flag-Tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amazonian13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Currently, I have a 125 gallon planted freshwater with a few large oddballs in it (finally got my 75 gallon back up and my semi-aggressive community fishies are loving it) right now it has a Featherfin Catfish (4 Inches), Striped Raphael Cat (5 Inches), Blood Parrot (5 Inches), Firemouth Cichlid (5 Inches), 3 Bala Sharks (1) 7 Inches, (2) 3 Inches, Pleco (5 Inches), Frontosa Cichlid (3 Inches), Bolivan Ram Cichlid (3 Inches), and a Ghost Knife Fish (6 Inches).
Anyway, I know this is a very oddball tank, but everyone has been meshing well for quite some time now and is quite happy. I am aware that the Balas, Blood Parrot, and Frontosa among others are going to eventually become huge, but my 125 is very spacious and as it is now it looks almost empty most of the time. Anyway, although I swore I would get no more fish for at least 3 months or so (slightly addicted) an acquaintance of mine from class who had bred various freshwater fish for years is moving out of state at the end of the semester and is looking for a home for his 6 inch Prochilodus, I know these guys get significantly bigger as well, but I have to say the fish has always been one of my favorites and I would love to have it. I also really don't feel bad about it being in 125 mainly due to the fact its lived its whole life so far in a 55 and I think it will be like heaven to it for a year or so having the bonus gallons to swim. Anyway, I've kind of made up my mind already I am going to take him, but mainly I wanted to know if you think (besides for the obvious eventual size issue) if the prochilodus will get along peacebly with my other tank mates. I'm sure there would be no issues with the catfish or pleco and the ghostknife besides for being a boss keeps to himself, but right now my firemouth really "runs" the tank so I wanted to know if you think he will go nuts with such a large intrusion and also if the prochilodus will mesh alright with my mini- Bala school. Thanks for any comments or advice!

Back
Top Bottom