Progressions to My 5 Gallon: Run-off from "Micro fish for a 5 Gallon?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh cool. Well there ya go. That's what I'd do. I'll do a 6g with chillis, a badis and some red shrimp someday.

Cherry Red Shrimp, or some Neocardina species. No CRS anymore. I'd rather give them their own tank to roam. Possible build soon? :O

Well to not confuse the two, people do RCS (Red Cherry Shrimp)as an acronym :lol: but yep.

Easily found on Aquabid/online. But as a cardinia species, they're a little harder to keep.

I'd rather stick with Cherries. Preferably the Sakura ones. They are easy to keep, breed, and they are gorgeous.

FreshObsessed said:
I'd rather stick with Cherries. Preferably the Sakura ones. They are easy to keep, breed, and they are gorgeous.

I concurr. Beware of buying. I bought the painted fire reds online. I can see they are fire reds, but the lowest possible quality of them. The males aren't completely red, but the females are just gorgeous.

With the highest quality, the males and females should look the same.

I'll eventually weed my lower quality out of this tank.

That is usually why I'd rather find them at an LFS. But Males aren't as pretty as the females in any form of RCS.

FreshObsessed said:
That is usually why I'd rather find them at an LFS. But Males aren't as pretty as the females in any form of RCS.

True. Poor males. It's the same way in the human race hahahaha.

I am so frustrated right now. My male CPD, I'm assuming by his colors, is at the top of the water clinging to life. At first I checked my parameters, here is my result:
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate: at 5 or below.

I then look closer at the fish and he is bleeding.

Attachments

• image-3212488091.jpg
    image-3212488091.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image-3540118539.jpg
    image-3540118539.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 74
Some minor changes have been done to the tank recently.

I realized the Dwarf Hairgrass wouldn't grow bunched together so I spread it out throughout the left side of the tank to promote carpeting. Moved the Java moss which, obviously, wasn't getting enough light to the front of the tank to hopefully carpet some of the tank.

The African Water Fern is doing great, has some new growth!!!!

Anubias Coffefolia is good. Of course it is, though. Anubias are very hardy. ;)

Dwarf Sagittaria isn't doing to well. Starting to yellow on a leaf. Not growing to much. I might just replace it with some Blyxa Japonica. :p

IMG_1407[1].jpg
Java Moss (Start of a carpet)

IMG_1408[1].jpg
You can see the new growth at the bottom of the plant. Couldn't focus in on it too well.

IMG_1409[1].jpg
Crappy Sagittaria. :nono:

IMG_1412[1].jpg
Full shot of a sexy tank.

I NEED some new plants. I was thinking of Banana Plant. Any thoughts or opinions on it?

IMG_1410[1].jpg

Spread-out Dwarf Hairgrass. Trimmed them down a bit and spread them out. (y)

Thinking of spreading out the Dwarf Hairgrass even more.

I think the banana plant is cool! It also does well in low light, so it should do very well in your tank. The dwarf hairgrass looks really nice! It should fill out the tank soon.

I am so frustrated right now. My male CPD, I'm assuming by his colors, is at the top of the water clinging to life. At first I checked my parameters, here is my result:
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate: at 5 or below.

I then look closer at the fish and he is bleeding.
Maybe the filter is the culprit. It could also be the other CPDs. Usually red gill areas mean stress, but I don't see anything wrong with your parameters. What is the pH? Are you sure you didn't accidentally add any non chlorinated water to the tank?

Back
Top Bottom