pruning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onah

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys i think my plants have gotten a bit tall, and i want to do a bit of cutting, i know u are supposed to cut at a slant to increase surface area, but where at the top of the nod(i think thats what it is called), under? any tips would be gtreatly appreciated. also i read some where dead leaves are taking up nutrients that would better serve newwer leaves how do i reamove these can i go around just picking them off, or should i cut them? also what aboyut all the roots growing everywhere, do i leave those there? are do those get trimmed as well? i looked around and saw a few things buit i fig i would ask about everything, thanx in advance.

Different plants and different types of plants require different techniques in pruning.
You will need to supply the type of plant you're asking about to get an informed opinion or advice.

Len

onah said:
hey guys i think my plants have gotten a bit tall, and i want to do a bit of cutting, i know u are supposed to cut at a slant to increase surface area, but where at the top of the nod(i think thats what it is called), under? any tips would be gtreatly appreciated. also i read some where dead leaves are taking up nutrients that would better serve newwer leaves how do i reamove these can i go around just picking them off, or should i cut them? also what aboyut all the roots growing everywhere, do i leave those there? are do those get trimmed as well? i looked around and saw a few things buit i fig i would ask about everything, thanx in advance.

If you have stem plants, you can simply cut below a node and replant the tops if you want more plants. If not, you can toss the trimmings or offer them up for the cost of shipping.

I just pluck off all dead leaves with my fingers if possible and if not, I just clip them off with a pair of sharp scissors.

You can trim the roots off of stem plants. They're called aerial roots and help the plants absorb more nutrients from the water column. They can be trimmed without a problem.

Back
Top Bottom