Psycho Golden Wonder Killifish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a killifish from the local pet store and after one night in the tank I had one dead small guppy :cry:, and two long fined danios with half of their tail fins nipped off.
This fish was very aggressive :twisted: toward the smaller fish. Is this abnormal for this kind of fish? :?:
This guy was psycho. :twisted:

i had to get rid of my killifish for that exact reason. He was ok for months until i decided to buy some guppies to breed.. i figured my angels would enjoy the fry. Well i couldn't have been more wrong. he ate all 6 of them within a week. So i thought... ok guppies are a no go with this guy no problem. I filled out my school of corys with no problems, and then i bought some baby clown loaches, they were tiny, about half the size of a cory catfish, they were sooo cute. One day i noticed one was missing, i searched and searched, but he wasn't anywhere, i looked at my killifish and he looked kind of bloated, the next day i found the regugitated remains of my half digested baby clown loach. So i could only assume it was the killifish. I then noticed him actively hunting.. where he used to always stay at teh top, he was now hanging very close to the bottom chasing my cory's and clown loaches, that was it for me, and i took him back to the fish store.

Some day I will have a 500 gallon tank in a new house with between two rooms as the wall... Some day...

ME TOO :lol: ( i read that in your profile)

Back
Top Bottom