Pulsing xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picoreef2.5

Aquarium Advice Activist
Picked up a pulsing xenia coral today for 5$ iv read they are rare and was wondering what others have payed for it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are far from rare. Xenia is one of two things. It is either a weed or it won't grow in your system. The reason it pulses has been debated, one idea is that it is oxygenating the water around it.

Mhhm iv read all that before but only one of lfs sells them, i just discovered the shop today! I had to have it(for 5$ i thought it was a steal why not try it out its beautifull), well see what happens its only been a few hours and its fully extended but no pulsing motion yet, if it starts growing like crazy ill move it into another tank or just trim as time goes by well see, im expecting this one to be the hardest/ most exciting corals yet!

I put it on a plug in the sand

I made the mistake of putting on my live rock instead of on the sand. Now my tank is covered in it. About 50% of all the corals are pulsing xenia. Don't make the same mistake I did.

This morning im thinking of a way to mount the plug on the back of the aquarium on the glass, then in theory theyd grow on the glass and be easy to remove?

Do they drop a polyp when they spread or can they just spread over what they touch?

Back
Top Bottom