purchase or build an inline heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarruth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have two tanks running and I want to get rid of the heaters in the tanks. I would like to put the heaters on my Fluval 306 and 406. As we all know Fluval has the ribbed hoses. My plan if I bought the inline heaters was to cut the hose and clamp the hose with a brass reducer to the required 5/8 diameter. Then I would attach the inline heater and at the output I would do the reverse and go from the 5/8 hose up the the 3/4. On the other hand I can purchase the nessary supplies and create a DIY inline heater. My concern with that, is that Fluval says you should not have any excess slack in the line. Plus going from a 1" or bigger diameter PVC pipe back down to my 3/4 hose. Wouldn't that mess with my flow. I know thats a lot but please help me out. Thanks

I'm curious how this works out, I have yet to really equip my new tank with a heater, I wanted in-line but the reviews on run-away Hydro heats are scary.

As to the Fluval 306 hoses -- I didn't use mine at all, I just bought some 5/8th tubing and used it instead of their ribbed stuff. If you just forget about it, it's easier than trying to accommodate it.

Back
Top Bottom