Quarantine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bdagney

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I started this tank about 3 weeks ago. Al it has in it is live rock, hermit crabs, emerald grab and shrimp. It is starting to look a bit cloudy and bit green. What could be happening?

Yes, we had just started up this tank to be a QT tank before moving them to our other tank

My QT tank is bare bottom with a sponge filter. I only set it up when I need it and I keep the sponge in my sump(for bacteria). I use PVC pipe as hiding places and that is it. I usually take water from the display tank for the QT.

My QT tank is bare bottom with a sponge filter. I only set it up when I need it and I keep the sponge in my sump(for bacteria). I use PVC pipe as hiding places and that is it. I usually take water from the display tank for the QT.

Do you clean out tank between uses? I just removed fish from QT. I'm wondering if I should keep it up and running? Of I do; should I do weekly water changes even tho there is nothing in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom