Quarantine Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When i started getting into fish, i was stocking a bunch of tetras in a 75 gal. I did not qt anything as i didnt know about it. Let just say end results were 25 dead tetras and 15 that got returned to my lfs becuase they sold me fish that they knew had ich. Got a full refund

When i started getting into fish, i was stocking a bunch of tetras in a 75 gal. I did not qt anything as i didnt know about it. Let just say end results were 25 dead tetras and 15 that got returned to my lfs becuase they sold me fish that they knew had ich. Got a full refund

Yeah when I got my tank I knew nothing "which is why I like this forum" and I bought a lot of fish and added them all at once. I bought expensive fish even tho I ended up getting a refund they all eventually died. This time around I got some cheaper fish.

Slowly learning... :facepalm:

My quarantine tank is a bare ten gallon. I run a filter (no carbon), heater and an air stone. Glass cover and I don't bother with a light. I keep it at the same temp as the main tank and I don't worry about any bio filtration as medications can often disrupt it. Plus, I do a lot of water changes so ammonia can't build up. And I always quarantine anything new for at least a month.

Back
Top Bottom