Question about stock and compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamiskool

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so heres my story, I started keeping fish a few months ago and love it since then I have upgraded from a 10 gallon tank to a 55g tank heavily planted with co2 injections. so far i have 6 roseline sharks, 7 tiger barbs, and a rainbow shark. They all get along perfectly and the roseline and tiger barbs even school together most of the time. The rainbow shark can get a bit nippy during feeding time but he is mostly peaceful. I also have been able to keep 8ish amano shrimp that are doing fine in the tank. Despite what people say about how hard it is to keep roseline in a warmer co2 injected tank the roseline are doing fine and I was wondering If I would be able to add 5-6 odessa barbs to the mix. I now I might be overstocking the tank but it is well planted and a lot of water flow form power heads. Any advice would be nice, I saw the odessa in the store the other day and I think they would look perfect in my tank!

How large are the Denison Barbs and the RTS? They do get up to 6 inches, though I'm guessing yours are more like 3 inches right now?

If so ... it shouldn't be much of an issue for now... IMO. My stock (see below) is somewhat similar to yours and Odessa Barbs would add a nice reddish touch. You can start with 4 ... then add one or two more later.

Funny ... my RTS also gets aggressive during feeding ... and then it's only at the Tiger Barbs ... it leaves all the other Barbs alone.

What type of filtration are you running? It doesn't sound overstocked to me and the fish tend to be a great judge of that if you observe them so.... I'd say you are likely fine to add a small schoal of odessas or other smallish barbs.

BTW ... I think Dension Barbs are one of the coolest looking fish:fish2: .... absolutely gorgeous!(y) I'm jealous you have 6 of them.

currently using a rena xp3, and i believe the plants themselves are there own filters and so are the shrimp, after reading this i went out and got 6 odessas....there doing fine and schooling with the tiger barbs. ill update on how there doing later. thx for the replies

I would've recommended QT, but good luck with them! It sounds like a nice setup.

Back
Top Bottom