Question about stocking a 10gal (unique occupants)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
does anyone own a figure 8 puffer with some experience with them that could shed some light as to their habits an what not?
TIA

Ray

Crawdads will eat anything and believe me, they have better eye site than you expect. I had one that would grab and chase a pencil around the tank. Not much smell there. The one I had loved to eat nightcrawlers and cooked popcorn shrimp as well as spinach, shrimp pellets, leaf lettuce, algae, plants and anything else including trying to eat the tubing for his bubble wand as well as the bubble wand. I have also fished for them and they will grab a spinner as fast as they will grab a piece of fish.

As for the F8, I have a friend that has one in a 10 gallon and has for 2 years. I guess the tank is brackish, he adds the normal amount of salt, 1 tablespoon for every 5 gallons. He also feed it crawdads so chances are a blue wouldn't stand a chance unless it had a lot of places to hide.

Puffers need alot of water per fish, for any kind of puff even dwarf puffers 3 in 10 gallons is max, and that is only 3-4 inches of fish.

Crawfish require bigger than 10s as well. they can get to a pretty good size and need room to scoot backwards without bumping into the other side of the tank

Back
Top Bottom