Question re - Yellow Lab fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thanew

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've had my yellow lab fry in my planted nano cube for about 2 1/2 months now and I'm wondering when I should be able to transfer them into my large tank with their mother and two other labs and various catfish.

They aren't that big right now.. maybe about .5 inches. I've rid myself of the real predators of the tank (two large bumble bee cichlids (these guys were vicious)) in preparation for the day that I move them, but I still want to make sure they survive because they are cute little things.

So when should I be able to transfer them into the large tank ?

thanks,
thane

I have my electric yellow fry with my tank now and they are fine, some of them aren't even 1/2 inch. As long as you have plenty of hiding places they should be fine.

even with the catfish ? granted none of them have even shown the slightest form of aggression against any of the creatures I've had in that tank

You can see in my sig what I have. If you have hiding spots for your fry they should be ok. How big are your cats? If they are still small the fry won't fit in their mouths easily. I had columbians that ate my neons in no time, so you may have to try it out and watch closely or wait if you feel more comfortable until they are a bit bigger. IMO a lot of it will depend on how big your catfish are.

well the synos are big, but they can't fit them in their mouths

the colombians are big and could possibly fit some of them in their mouths but i doubt they would they are rather timid.

Back
Top Bottom