Quick Cure and Seachem together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwaterphish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had issues to say the least.... I have started a treatment of hi temps with the half dose of quick sure.... i have also just started using seachem ferts and also prime and stability..Yes i started a tank without cycling. I think you should have to join a forum before purchase lol. Any way i have a "big boy" tester and am about to do day 2 of water change and treatment.Question, can i use the quick cure and the other seachem products. I have a incomplete cycle and i wanna keep it going so any help would be appreciated. I know people suggest treatment of heat and salt.. i have live plants and assasin snails and have turned up the temps over the past 3 days from 77 to 86 degrees have lost a few fish before treatment. IM ASKING IF I CAN USE SEACHEM PRIME, STABILITY, SEACHEM FERTS. WITH QUICK CURE. Since fish are being stressed each water change i figure all would be safe but open for input. THANKS!!!

Hi, Seachem prime, stability and seachem ferts will all be fine with ich treatments. The prime you will need with pwc's as usual, the stability may help if your bacteria get knocked around a bit by meds and I don't know of any problems with using ferts vs ich treatments. Does it say what is in the quick cure?

I'm assuming this is for ich treatment?

One note is that generally it is not suggested to combine heat plus salt plus meds. The reason for that is the heat and meds both remove oxygen from the water / stress the fish. However if the fish are doing fine (looks like it is at 86 now) I'd carry on. I have done high temp and meds together and found you need to watch the fish closely when the meds are first introduced. Also need good water movement at surface.

Make sure you remove all carbon from filter or else it will nullify meds..

Back
Top Bottom