Ram with angel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hdlorider93

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone know if a gold ram and an angel fish can coexist together? Currently have a ram and would like to add an angel, if not i may just try to find him a girlfriend

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yes/no. Depends on a cpl things. How big is your tank? Is it planted?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry, 27 gallon cubed with plants

They should be just fine in my experience. I have a 44 gallon with 2 angelfish and 3 rams and everyone gets along fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also have a 40g. 2 angels and 3 rams, had it for 2 years, no problems.

I have angels and rams but think the 27cube may be tight for an angel.
If you go for the angel I would do only 1 IMO so not worry about a pairing and the defensive behavior(they would mutilate the rams),and to avoid the death of the second angel that is not part of a pair.
What are the dimensions of the tank?(sorry)

The measurements are 20x18x20, I thought with it being tall 1 angel would be ok, i would definitely not do more than 1, now that i've posted the measurements what do you guys think? Would it be too tight for an angel?

If my heart was set on an angel I would put an angel in that tank.
Who else is there beside the 1 ram?
That is an interesting sized tank ,2@10g side by side with an extra 6 inches of height.

IMHO, I think with proper territory (plants, wood, etc). Plenty of (low) paths, hidey holes, and cover theyll be ok. The only worry would be if you added a 2nd for either. Other than that, shld be fine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't have a breading pair of Rams or Angels.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom