Rams and PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Hornwort and Wisteria floating plants? Or can you also plant them?

scottb said:
Is Hornwort and Wisteria floating plants? Or can you also plant them?

Both can be planted. Wisteria is always planted, but hornwort is often used as a floating plant. Mine is buryed in the gravel at one end, but it doesnt cast off any roots

Gboy66 said:
Lol ok! Pics! They go in a sequence
I am creeping up on him, hiding in a bush:)
Then he slowly turns around and sees me:p haha!
Then he swims away and hides under a bush..i slowly follow..but he still sees me:(
Then i get one reeeally good shot!! (for the iphone and a stubborn ram anyways)
Then he swims away and i peek through the cave to see him:):) i love scar!

Oh, and as you can see absolut, NuNu has been very antisocial lately lol hes hiding in the gravel with his fat butt above it haha

Hi Gboy66

How do you keep your plants so green and healthy
My discus eats and nibs on them!

art-of-fish said:
Hi Gboy66

We have eco-complete gravel, and it really helps out plant growth. We also dose ferts once a week on sunday. We have decent lighting, 1 32 watt bulb i think and 2 smaller 12 watt bulbs. We keep the lights on timers for about 12 hours a day. Dont let sunlight hit your tank or els diatoms will grow quite rapidly.

art-of-fish said:
Hi Gboy66

Alot of it depends on the type of plants, lighting, substrate, if you dose ferts/root tabs, and CO2. I guess your discus just likes to eat your plants then? That is uncommon

Gboy66 said:
Alot of it depends on the type of plants, lighting, substrate, if you dose ferts/root tabs, and CO2. I guess your discus just likes to eat your plants then? That is uncommon

Yea they like eating them changing plants every month or two.

Thx u

My ram is a bit weird now! Today i saw him just staying near the surface, facing down diagonally. I fed everyone, and he would swallow flakes then spit them back up...

My gbrs always "spit" their flakes and shrimp out and then eat them up again. The facing downwards part that's a little strange to me? How long has he been doing it? Is he by the heater?

Mlani said:
My gbrs always "spit" their flakes and shrimp out and then eat them up again. The facing downwards part that's a little strange to me? How long has he been doing it? Is he by the heater?

Ya? Thing is, he doesnt go after them again:( he still poops alot, so he has to be eating right?

Ya, it was really weird. He has stopped and is roaming around the tank, but still. Not by the heater..

Maybe he's just checking the tank out from a new angle? Lol! If his poop still looks good, his colors good and he's still alert he should be ok. I'd keep an eye on him and see how he fairs? I know my one Gbr has had a personality switch in the last little bit too. She used to swim all over the top of the tank and now she sticks to the bottom. Lol

absolutangel04 said:
Thats good. You can always feed him a pea. Did you do a recent parameter check?

Not yet, ill do one as soon as possible. Finals.,

Since rams are pretty sensitive. That would be the first thing I check. I lost two of then before. I'd say it was from nitrate poisoning. I wasn't home and couldn't do any water changes. How is he/she now?

here are my bolivans/blue and german blue rams
img_1791763_0_9df6a7b46c9d30ee526e7540f9c1d7c8.jpg

img_1791763_1_ea4563b1c2ca7a4204fbdd7c091acb39.jpg

img_1791763_2_45326213f964bd59b79d90fa04f73811.jpg

img_1791763_3_7c6e1c4c6b132d4567fa835c5e4d4964.jpg

img_1791763_4_660ec3a9585ce9ca6c48c07425cb3d90.jpg

daneek155 said:
here are my bolivans/blue and german blue rams

AWESOME RAMS!!!

Old thread, but im sad to report scar isnt doing too well. He is still alright, dont get me wrong..but he is acting strange..

Randomly pointing his body straight down..has a split fin..weird pale patches of skin..

Water quality is good thanks to the 50's% every week, and he is getting food!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom