Re-seeding new filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkmuller55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I set my new filter in front of my old one that will be replaced. It had been a month and need to know how long to keep it like this before the new one can go solo. The type of filter are the ones that have charcoal inclosed in a bag not a sponge kind. It is the type that my hob uses.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I set my new filter in front of my old one that will be replaced. It had been a month and need to know how long to keep it like this before the new one can go solo. The type of filter are the ones that have charcoal inclosed in a bag not a sponge kind. It is the type that my hob uses.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi dkmuller55:

By 'filter' do you mean a replaceable cartridge of the type used in some HOBs? And are you concerned about whether the new one has a colony of nitrifying bacteria?

If so, then I would say yes, if it has been in the media chamber of your HOB filter for one month is probably has been colonized by beneficial bacteria, and that you can replace the old one if you wish.

-Yorg

Or if you're worried run new filter with some old filter media but it should be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom