Rebuilding fishroom... follow our progress here :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome! Be sure to post pics once the new fish and shrimp arrive. :)

They are all safe and sound, but I do not have any pics of them yet. :p

I spent most of the day tearing more stuff down, with the help of a good friend.

Before
img_2696669_0_993272b4a1f58f3f5f08e3b32d908085.jpg

After
img_2696669_1_455eee049522966082f9926987858202.jpg

The plan is to get started on the 55 gallon racks in the next couple of days, and hopefully have them done by Sunday.

Looks like some good progress. I set up a smaller shelving unit like that and it was super hard. I can't imagine how hard it would be to take down a huge one like that with tanks on it.

Looks like your moving right along quite nicely! I love the selection of fish you have so far too!

Got the rest of the metal shelves torn down yesterday. Progress!
img_2698171_0_aae86fab291a11e9f6fbacb1d2985cfc.jpg

Looks like some good progress. I set up a smaller shelving unit like that and it was super hard. I can't imagine how hard it would be to take down a huge one like that with tanks on it.
After you take the tanks off it really isn't that hard to take apart the shelves. I did 2 of them completely by myself and had some help with the other 2. You just need a wrench to get the supports out of the middle, then a big hammer to beat the shelf pieces out of the end pieces.

Looks like your moving right along quite nicely! I love the selection of fish you have so far too!
Thank you, it has been fun!

Here are a few more pics.

Otopharynx lithobates (this tank is temporary)
img_2698171_1_3bbada008518b3a023b82b08bde0f6e5.jpg

Berried CRS
img_2698171_2_67d9040080bd9dcac655c8e7fda55875.jpg

Purple fire guppies
img_2698171_3_784799bf483c5a681b6d369371640008.jpg

Paralabidochromis chromogenos 'Zue Island' female (we have a pair)
img_2698171_4_70c3c0152644efdb069de75b1cb3fa0b.jpg

Wow, you two are really moving along! When do you think you'll finally be finished (like your ever really finished...lol)?

Wow, you two are really moving along! When do you think you'll finally be finished (like your ever really finished...lol)?

We are hoping to have all of it built out by the end of the year. We aren't really too far from being done, simply because we'll run out of space soon. ;)

Now that's a fish house, I always said I need more space!
That's great, few limitations!
It must be a full time job!

Good luck with all of it. (y)

That camera looks so good. Looks great even on my old junk monitor! Anyways, the tanks all look great. I've been staring at my 55g for the few hours I've had it, feeling sad that I can't start putting it together :p 18 more days karate... 18 more days.

Heh, thanks. It's my HTC one X phone, it had a SIM card issue that couldn't be resolved so I got a new phone. Now I just keep it in the fishroom for pics, vids, and internet when I'm out there working on tanks. :)

Heh, thanks. It's my HTC one X phone, it had a SIM card issue that couldn't be resolved so I got a new phone. Now I just keep it in the fishroom for pics, vids, and internet when I'm out there working on tanks. :)

Ah, sweet. I'd like maybe someday to get a decent camera. Currently I have a year and a half old Gen4 iPod touch that takes really bad pictures, especially of my tank. Anyway, how many gallons does your setup total to? I couldn't even take a guess, much less get close, hah.

Back
Top Bottom