Red cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ewe

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can some on tell me bout rcs??? How they breed? Can theyget along with angels, serape tetras, silver dollars?? How many for a 75 gallon tank with the mentioned fish?

I keep RCS in their own tank. Only other critters with them are 2 otos and a hillstream loach. And yep, they do breed easily. The fish you have will definitely have a good seafood dinner out of RCS. The only thing our RCS shrimplettes (fry) worry about is me sucking them up during a water change.

Usual estimate is 10/G for a shrimp only tank, but that number can get quite a bit larger over time. Start with 10-25 and you'll have a tank full in a couple months. ;)

angels love cherry shrimp. a sponge filter is great for a shrimp tank. what i suggest to people is set up a tank on their own once they start breeding you can move some of the extras over. this way you didnt just pay for a snack and still have a supply to restock the other tank.

as for breeding there is 2 sex and the female holds the eggs until they hatch.

ive also been looking into these shrimp. they seem like a good, idea, only problem i can see is not being able to resell them to the pet store once im crawling with them lol. unless he uses them for food :(

what temp should they be kept at?

Ours are kept at 76 degrees, lots of plants, rocks, and DW.

If you can't resell them to your LFS, try CL. You can get rid of anything on CL. Out here we also have a yahoo group called FreeCycle. Everything is free or trade. We got rid of tons of platy and guppy fry. You might want to check into if your area has that.

ive also been looking into these shrimp. they seem like a good, idea, only problem i can see is not being able to resell them to the pet store once im crawling with them lol. unless he uses them for food :(

what temp should they be kept at?
talk to them and ask. many lfs should buy them more so since you could sell them cheaper their their wholesalers. it saves them money.

Back
Top Bottom