Red fired shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nnguyen1184

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just found my fire shrimp shell was sitting in the bottom of my tank. I checked my water and aemonea and every thing else and they are all checked out. I'm thinking that my tang fish might of are it. Anything suggestion of what I should do. Feed them my fish more? I give them food twice a day and some times there are left over. Or did my shrimp just die of a natural cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

most likely a molt he should turn back up in a day or so
welcome to the group and if you direct your questions of this type to the saltwater section youll get more responses

A day before it was doing just fine it was still moving around befor I shut down the light for the night the next morning I should shell at the bottom of the tank my water is stable I'm thinking that one of the fish must ate it.

A day before it was doing just fine it was still moving around befor I shut down the light for the night the next morning I should shell at the bottom of the tank my water is stable I'm thinking that one of the fish must ate it.

mine molt often the molt could fool you its dead just wait and see mine also hide a lot in-till there shell re hardens
I also don't see mine till lights out

After shrimp molt, they like to hide in caves or behind ornaments. Mine often hides in the skull and fools me into thinking it has passed because the shell will be on he opposite side as the shrimp is. It'll probably come out soon :)

Ok thank you guys that's really helpful. I was so depressed this morning thinking my shrimp is dead or something ate it. Hopefully it will come out soon. Do you know what happened when the shrimp is molting? Is it because it's getting bigger? Or any kind of health issue?

From what I have read, the molt regularly when their exoskeleton gets too small as they grow. If they're molting too much, though, it could be a sign of poor water quality or some other health issue.

Back
Top Bottom