Red tail catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok if none of you are gonna give me adore on the best way to keep this fish then don't freckling respond to it it's that simple i don't need to be criticized on something thnx

I'm not about to return a fish I spent 25$ on I wanna keep the fish and later do some something with it

I'm not about to return a fish I spent 25$ on I wanna keep the fish and later do some something with it

It was only $25?? It usually sells for around $50-60. But then again, its not 6" yet. Yeah, I guess you can keep it for a while then sell it when it gets too big for your tank. Just hope someone will buy it.
Rtc are pretty easy to take care of and need the usual for a carnivorous fish:
Pwc at least 1 time a week
Carnivorous pellets/live foods
Water checks
Etc....

Thank you for not criticizing me on what I did and i had noooo idea they were that expensive so I could feed it feeders (which I've never had a problem with before so don't flip) I have another cat in the tank also which I'll take a pic of and post I forgot the name so I need an ID

Thank you for not criticizing me on what I did and i had noooo idea they were that expensive so I could feed it feeders (which I've never had a problem with before so don't flip) I have another cat in the tank also which I'll take a pic of and post I forgot the name so I need an ID

Ok. Definitely post a pic because we don't want ya to wake up one morning missing a cat. ;)
Feeders should really be treats and be fed around 1-2 times a week. The pellets have a more balanced diet and will ensure more healthy fish.
Is the other cat the only other inhabitant or are there other fish? How many inches is the rtc now?
Adult rtc can sell for a lot of $. Just juvies are really expensive so you can imagine how much an adult would be. ;)

Can you guys ID this catfish it's so cute am I right ?

Attachments

• image-1997511548.jpg
    image-1997511548.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1817906195.jpg
    image-1817906195.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 81
Ok. Definitely post a pic because we don't want ya to wake up one morning missing a cat. ;)
Feeders should really be treats and be fed around 1-2 times a week. The pellets have a more balanced diet and will ensure more healthy fish.
Is the other cat the only other inhabitant or are there other fish? How many inches is the rtc now?
Adult rtc can sell for a lot of $. Just juvies are really expensive so you can imagine how much an adult would be. ;)

It's prolly 4-4/12 inches long and I have a peacock eel and a beta with a newt that idek where it hides I thought for like a month It got outta my tank but when I got back from a trip it was still there

It's prolly 4-4/12 inches long and I have a peacock eel and a beta with a newt that idek where it hides I thought for like a month It got outta my tank but when I got back from a trip it was still there

The beta might be in trouble when the rtc gets bigger or even now. The newt maybe too but if its a good hider, you might not be able to tell if its dead or just hiding ;). Not sure about the cat. But the peacock eel should be ok.

I remember one time when I was really young I got a Common Pleco for a 10 gallon tank and it became a monster! I had no option but to put it into my small pond. Which was probably the worst thing I've ever done to a fish. We all make mistakes! Hopefully you will sell that catfish when or if it gets bigger than 6 inches. Just make sure to do some research before you buy fish. Just some constructive criticism.

Just previous experience with catfish. If at any point they are hungry and something can fit in its mouth, it will eat it. Period.

Just previous experience with catfish. If at any point they are hungry and something can fit in its mouth, it will eat it. Period.

+1. That's for most cats. But usually there are exceptions like the Cory's but an rtc is not.

This is the whole side of my tank and the rtc is in the right hand corner

Attachments

• image-3431245705.jpg
    image-3431245705.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom