Red Tail Shark Fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keelan85

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everybody, I have got a red tail shark that I have had for around 3 years. He is strong and normally the life of the tank.

But yesterday I noticed that for some reason he doesn't seem to be swimming with his dorsal fin or 2 back fins. The tail and 2 front fins are doing all of the work. The others are just tucked away.

As a result he is not able to swim very well, but is still blasting around the tank. I can't see any markings on this body or fins, although there is a slight lightness to his colour running from his head to his dorsal.

The dorsal did look a little tatty around the edges last week, but nothing major. I thought perhaps fin-rot and have put an bacterial treatment in.

I would really appreciate some thoughts as I'm a little concerned.

Kind Regards

Keelan

Hi folks,

This problem still persists for me, I know now he definately has fin rot. I have put in a course of medication and done a 50% water change. He is swimming easier but he looks really bad.

Does fin rot always look worse before it gets better? Need some help urgently because I will get some other medication otherwise.

He is showing white spots but isn't as withdrawn as when I first start treating him at the weekend. He seems to be getting better in his movements but looks worse if that makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom