reputation points?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed the little icon at the bottom of the posting box where you can click on the ! symbol if its urgent, or click on this little nerve-looking icon that says "reputation points". What's that for and how do we use it?

its for when you see a post that has good advice, or that you really like you can click on the scale and add reputation to them. If you look at members like mel, you will see the have a lot of reputation, but new members have almost none. Its just a cool way to say "nice post" imo

Basically it's a tool to allow our members to see how well respected another member is. By leaving feedback through the tool you increase their reputation points, allowing others to see how well their advice is respected. As you gain more reputation points, make more posts, have been a member of the site longer, you'll find that the reputation you leave has more weight. There are fun fishie sayings that related to the number of reputation points earned which you can view by hovering your mouse over the green squares under a person's name and you can view your own reputation in your user profile accessed through the User CP link at the top of the forum.

You have 2 boxes for brining up a good question, that will be helpful for current and future members!

IMHO rewarding someone that took the time to READ and then ANSWER to a post is a very honest way of saying THANKS.
Then, someone might have just helped you enormously, by giving links to threads that have the subject treated face and over, they deserve to be rewarded too.

I know that most of us have zero rep, but trust me, if it would become a habit to "thank" those that help, even if the help is real small, people will soon know who is a good reliable source in this site and who is not yet.

Back
Top Bottom