resealin 45 gallon corner tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice!!!! I've been wanting a bigger tank, I've been looking on craiglist but nothing close to where i live.

I have that same tank foxy! Coincidentally the guy who gave me the tank had saltwater in it before me also.

The only thing I can offer for scaping is to, sort of, forget about the corner. Try to invision it as a flat side as opposed to the corner.
I have plants that for a wall of sorts and one of my filter intakes is hidden back in the corner. Made it much easier to scape this way.

Well I finished scrapin yesterday tonight I'm goin to clean it up again and hopefully tonight or tommrrow start the silicone process :) wish me luck lol

Well I resealed the tank and it started leakin again so I had to redo it hopefully it holds this time lol

I finished mine i filled it up and no leak but one of the corners wasn't looking right so I took it apart and re did it again, pain in the .... I know but I had to do it right

I used rocks I found by the beach for my tank! Just clean them really good..you could also try a garden store..or Lowes for river pebbles or ROcks..

Thanks! Ill look into it that sounds like the perfect tging for my tank :)

I scrubbed them, them bleached them for 24hrs in a large trash can..afterwards I set them in the sun for like 3-4 days. Then let them sit in the trashcan with freshwater and a whole bottle of dechlorinater for 2 days then put them in!
I've had them in for over a year and a half no problems! Also just did the same for 2 rocks in my saltwater tank and no problems there either..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131104_214514.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131104_214514.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 47
Be careful with the bleach! I can't stress enough to make sure they are thoroughly dechlorinates..if there smooth river rocks you can just scrub them in the sink and go..but if there pourous like Myne i would bleach them

Ok thanks for the advice I think ill find some river rocks :) ik I was orginally thinkin of gravel but adter checkin out some rock and pebble aquariums I think that's the way to go

Finished resealin the tank let it sit for 48 just to be sure and have relocated my 3 black red tail sharks 2 albino sharks cherry barb tigrr barb and female betta as well as my cichlid fry to their new home :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131108_170410.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131108_170410.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 48
  • ForumRunner_20131108_170524.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131108_170524.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 47
Lol still a work in progress but I'm gonna take my time bow and get a diffrent color bulb XD

Okay I get ir now yes its an actinit I'm goin to grab a 50/50 or a straight white

Back
Top Bottom