RIVERCATS 220G Transformation Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also with GBR's, pairs become more aggressive especially towards others of their own kind as they get older/more mature. That's why I usually advise only one pair of rams per tank unless the tank is really large.

Still waiting for that close up of the DW with Fissidens on it. Before it gets overrun and hidden again. :hide::D

Still waiting for that close up of the DW with Fissidens on it. Before it gets overrun and hidden again. :hide::D

Went and snapped a couple pic's... the tank is in a 3-sided glass sunroom so the glare was unavoidable at this time of day. Will post them soon, my daughter who is off today is loading and resizing them for me. Will post soon.

Went and snapped a couple pic's... the tank is in a 3-sided glass sunroom so the glare was unavoidable at this time of day. Will post them soon, my daughter who is off today is loading and resizing them for me. Will post soon.

:dance:

In a related question, does Fissidens not like high light? I have my 96w PC light fixture resting directly on the tank (no fixture legs attached right now). The Fissidens is attached to my branching driftwood that goes almost all the way up to surface level. So the Fissidens is right under the light. It's also directly in the output of the HOB filter.

There are some bunches that aren't directly under the light and they seem to be doing better. Should I use the fixture's legs and raise it up a couple inches?

It might be adjusting to higher light than it's used to. The Fissidens that has appeared on the other bigger DW is real close to the Metal Halide and doing fine. This may sound strange but once I began dosing a higher amount of liquid carbon mine started growing like crazy. The Fissidens on the DW in the pic's is further away from the halides but right under the T5HO's. My daughter just took off to the vet with her kittens so will get the pic's later since she put them on her computer. But I will post them today, glare and all!

It might be adjusting to higher light than it's used to. The Fissidens that has appeared on the other bigger DW is real close to the Metal Halide and doing fine. This may sound strange but once I began dosing a higher amount of liquid carbon mine started growing like crazy. The Fissidens on the DW in the pic's is further away from the halides but right under the T5HO's. My daughter just took off to the vet with her kittens so will get the pic's later since she put them on her computer. But I will post them today, glare and all!

Possible that it's just collecting a bunch of different particles that are entering the tank from the filter? I'll give it a little brush tonight and see if anything comes off of it.

Just use your fingers to brush over it as it doesn't grip nearly as tight as mosses like Java and the like do. My cory's and yo-yo's keep mine groomed real nice. I can't imagine it's particles coming from the filter since that water should be clean and if the fissidens is in the filter flow that should actually keep it blown off.

Just use your fingers to brush over it as it doesn't grip nearly as tight as mosses like Java and the like do. My cory's and yo-yo's keep mine groomed real nice. I can't imagine it's particles coming from the filter since that water should be clean and if the fissidens is in the filter flow that should actually keep it blown off.

True. Maybe it's going through an adjustment period or something.

Wow that looks incredible! I love the natural little coverage/shade it provides underneath. Thanks for sharing!

It's actually not that shaded, it's the angle I had to take the picture so I didn't get as much glare. The DW and moss actually look better from a straight on shot... maybe next time.

Here's a picture of both Proserpinaca palustris and Ludwigia peruensis aka Ludwigia glandulosa (center plant) showing the beginning of new immersed growth and color since both came in emmersed form. Note the Ludwigia is starting to color up red as it's changing and the Pronserpinaca is changing from yellow to orange if you look right in the center of the new leaves coming in. Pic is alittle blurry as my close up was too close up I think. Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: RIVERCATS 220G Transformation - Picture.

I am sure many have told you this but that tank is absolutely stunning. Perfect 10!

Rivercats, whats the ground cover in front of the driftwood. At the bottom of the pic. Also, how is you DBT doing? I ripped mine out of the big tank and but it in the fry tank. Was making the tank a mess

Back
Top Bottom