Saltwater Startup Advice Plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup lol is it gonna be cheaper than at the store? Not very colorful tho... :(

Is that 50 for all 4 rocks? Not bad just remember it will take longer for it to become live but if you start with that rock and add a small piece of live it will seed it for you and move it along faster. I'd say 50 bucks is good considering I payed 170 for my live rock! General rule of thumb is 1 pound per gallon of water.

Hmmm so 20-25lbs of coral??? 18lbs would be good but those just looks like blah to me lol I want something better! I'm going to the Aquarium Warehouse store tomorrow for that water I'll see what they have and see what I like. I'll keep ya posted on that topic lol

Rock not coral! But live rock is dead coral. Ya keep me posted would like to see how things progress. Ttfn

Very nice. Here is my 200 and my 54.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120724_005531.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120724_005531.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 125
  • ForumRunner_20120724_005606.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120724_005606.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 128
Yes. Its a 54 corner. Love it. I was thinking about getting another one for my office.

Update! 24hrs later and we have clarity! Tomorrow I will be getting the rest of my water from the LFS since I got me a 5gal bucket tonight lol pry gonna need to make 2 trips... should be perfect bc LR should fill up the rest...
Any advice on types of LR???

Attachments

• IMG_20120724_233215.jpg
    IMG_20120724_233215.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 77
Mine too I contacted a guy on Craigslist he's got over 100 lbs of dry fiji selling it for $3 lb I'm goin this weekend and gettin a bunch. Don't need a lot but can't pass it up

SC350Z said:
Yea I plan to let it cycle quite a while lol as I said in post above sry I didn't see these lol took me awhile to get my phone hooked up to upload that pic..
I'm thinking 2 Clown Fish aka Nemo's they are $25 a piece at warehouse aquarium... then after they get adjusted 2 Sea Horses??? Are those numbers ok? I haven't done my research on what they require yet, bc I know some fish need a certain number in a group otherwise **** hits the fan lol
I appreciate the help ya'll btw! SW is new to me but I've been doing FW for 2yrs now.
I plan to buy a marine test kit Friday.... I believe its like $30 at PetSmart

Sea horses are kinda hard to keep , the LFS I go to has been doing salt water for over 10 yrs and usually still end up losing most of the sea horses they get :-(
They need low flow, lots of feeding and are " delicate " when it comes to water quality , and his is top notch !

Back
Top Bottom