Sand addition!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcontes77

Aquarium Advice Regular
I would like to add "regular" sand to my live sand, I was wondering if the tank need to be cycle (I set it up 2 weeks ago) and it has one scooter blenny and one damsel so far!
Any suggestion on how the addition should be made?
Is it a goo idea to dump the new sand on the top of the live one?

Thanks for your answer

Damien

You can dump new sand on top however I wouldn't add more than 1/2" at a time so you don't totally bury all the living creatures and they can move up towards the surface a bit. The last time I added sand I used a long piece of 2" PVC pipe and placed it on the bottom of the aquarium to minimize the amount that would cloud up the aquarium.

It may be a stupid question but why people keep buying live sand after they set up their live sand?
Is there any advantages of putting only live sand?
Thank you jamal

It may be a stupid question but why people keep buying live sand after they set up their live sand?
Is there any advantages of putting only live sand?
Thank you jamal

Some add live sand afterward just to bolster the LS they all ready have. If you add the sand to quickly and cover the sand to fast then you risk burying the live sand to deep and sufficating the creatures in the live sand that you have. If you lower the sand still in the bag into the tank and then open the bag in the tank you shoudl reduce your sand storm.

You have a scooter blenny in your tank that hasnt cycled yet? I would take him back before he dies.

Back
Top Bottom