Saved goldfish :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got an email saying the medication had been posted today! So it should be here this week.

I have a question. Should I quarantine him or treat the whole tank? My qt is 8gal. I don't what to stress him but at the same time I don't think I have enough meds to treat the whole tank while continuing my PWC every two days. Or what about a bath at double strength once a day?

Just got an email saying the medication had been posted today! So it should be here this week.

I have a question. Should I quarantine him or treat the whole tank? My qt is 8gal. I don't what to stress him but at the same time I don't think I have enough meds to treat the whole tank while continuing my PWC every two days. Or what about a bath at double strength once a day?
If you can keep the 8g healthy (and i know you will!!!), i would treat him in it. I have an 8g i have used as hospital tank before & my moor did fine-granted, he didnt care much for it! Just make sure you have some extra oxygen in there. It will be a bit stressful for him but its only short-term & you already know you dont have enough meds for the big tank. No point in treating the whole tank. I dont know anything about myaxin & dont know if it can be used as a dip. Wait til you get it & see what the label says. I think he will probably be better off spending a couple of days living & eating & breathing in the meds vs a dip. Let us know how this works out! :)

jlk said:
If you can keep the 8g healthy (and i know you will!!!), i would treat him in it. I have an 8g i have used as hospital tank before & my moor did fine-granted, he didnt care much for it! Just make sure you have some extra oxygen in there. It will be a bit stressful for him but its only short-term & you already know you dont have enough meds for the big tank. No point in treating the whole tank. I dont know anything about myaxin & dont know if it can be used as a dip. Wait til you get it & see what the label says. I think he will probably be better off spending a couple of days living & eating & breathing in the meds vs a dip. Let us know how this works out! :)

Thanks jlk!
Hoping it will arrive today but tomorrows probably more realistic. I will pull my 8 out of storage and set it up. Was planning on moving one of my bettas over to it sometime soon but he'll have to wait now :)

let us know what you end up doing. it will be good info incase i ever need it!

Meds are here!!
Going to start treatment tomorrow. Don't want to start this afternoon because I want to be able to watch him for signs of distress. Can't do that if I'm sleeping!

I'm wanting to confirm the dosage.

This is what the bottle says:
MYXAZIN is safe with fish, plants and filters. For use in seawater (fish only systems), tropical freshwater and cold water aquaria.

Notes: leave biological filters running. Switch of UV sterilizers, ozonisers and remove zeolite and carbon before use. Contains color dye, avoid contact with clothes and furnishings. When using under gravel filter, internal or external power filtration use the standard dose. Use half dose for other filtration, in new aquaria, if sensitive species or if fry are present. Do not use simultaneously with other treatments. Allow at least 48 hours to elapse when changing treatment. Do not use within 4 days of using protozin or cuprazin.

Goes on to suggested dosage.
30L tank - 2mL medication.

Frequency of treatment:
Use on days 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5. Add once a day for two days when introducing new fish.

So I want to confirm dosage rates. It's making me nervous. Lol.

2mL every day for 5 days then discontinue treatment.
Day 1 - dose 2mL
Day 2 - 50% PWC and dose 2mL plus 1mL removed = 3mL. Total 4mL meds in tank.
Day 3 - 50% PWC and dose 2mL plus 2mL removed = 4mL. Total 6mL meds in tank.
Day 4 - 50% PWC and dose 2mL plus 3mL removed = 5 mL. Total 8mL meds in tank.
Day 5 - 50% PWC and dose 2mL plus 4mL removed = 6mL. Total 10mL meds in tank.
Day 6 - 50% PWC no meds.
Day 7 - 50% PWC no meds.
Day 8 - acclimatize and add to main tank.

Does it say anything about wcs during treatment? Do they have a number to call with questions? I cant speak for this med because i know nothing about it but typically alot of meds are only effective for a 24hr period of time which is why you redose after 24hrs. Some are effective longer periods of time (ie dose every 2 days) & some stay at the same concentration & only need to be partially redosed after a wc (such as salt). I am taking a wild guess here that this is only effective for a 24hr period of time (this is only a guess!) so i would just dose the 2ml daily after a wc. I would really look for a phone number to call & ask them!!!

jlk said:
Hey Gboy66! Heres my hundred dollar little girl! Not great pics but what i paid for is her veiltail. They are VERY difficult to breed! :)

Woah!! That Is a beutiful fish!! You should enter some pics of her in a contest, because that fish is worth the money!

jlk said:
Does it say anything about wcs during treatment? Do they have a number to call with questions? I cant speak for this med because i know nothing about it but typically alot of meds are only effective for a 24hr period of time which is why you redose after 24hrs. Some are effective longer periods of time (ie dose every 2 days) & some stay at the same concentration & only need to be partially redosed after a wc (such as salt). I am taking a wild guess here that this is only effective for a 24hr period of time (this is only a guess!) so i would just dose the 2ml daily after a wc. I would really look for a phone number to call & ask them!!!

Beautiful fish!!
Now that's what I was wondering! So you think 2mL everyday no matter what the % water change? As far as I know there's no number to call on the bottle but I will have another look! I ended up putting him in the qt last night (no meds) and he's swimming around happily. Ate some pellets last night so he's not stressed out at all :)

Thanks everyone! I honestly cant say for sure with this med! I would follow a wc, dose 2ml (& let be for 24hr), wc, dose 2ml, etc schedule no matter what the wc you plan on doing. Its my best guess here! Im glad he is not stressing in qt! :)

jlk said:
Thanks everyone! I honestly cant say for sure with this med! I would follow a wc, dose 2ml (& let be for 24hr), wc, dose 2ml, etc schedule no matter what the wc you plan on doing. Its my best guess here! Im glad he is not stressing in qt! :)

Ok that's the plan! Makes sense because it says nothing about having to remove it at the end of treatment. I will 50% PWC after breakfast and add the first dose.

Myaxin contains tri-sulfer I've been told. Found their website. Tells me diddly squat! Found a number too but it's I'm the UK and I'm not ringing that off my mobile!

Back
Top Bottom