Saved goldfish :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mumma.of.two said:
Thanks!!
Tanks are stupidly over priced IMO. I'm so jealous of everyone saying 10g/40L tanks are 15-20 bucks. I payed $125 for my 40L kit! My 70g/270L tank and stand cost me $250 secondhand. And the new goldfish tank was $115 for just the tank! I payed $8 each for panda cories that have all died within 2 months. I also payed $45 for my master test kit plus shipping.

My lord thats terrible!! For a 40 gallon tank we have doller per gallon sales...40 bucks! Test kit 30, tank and stand with all equpiment 100$. Only thing is panda corys are pretty expensive in the US also

Gboy66 said:
My lord thats terrible!! For a 40 gallon tank we have doller per gallon sales...40 bucks! Test kit 30, tank and stand with all equpiment 100$. Only thing is panda corys are pretty expensive in the US also

Consider yourselfs lucky! You guys also have a lot larger range of fish and inverts to choose from. ADFs are illegal over hear as an example.

Mumma.of.two said:
Consider yourselfs lucky! You guys also have a lot larger range of fish and inverts to choose from. ADFs are illegal over hear as an example.

Really? Thats so odd...different parts of the world i guess! Are your prices worse then say canada? I hear its not so great up there...test kit is 60 for some!!

Ya test kit is 60, right now a 55 gallon is 249.99. And decorations can be pricey. Sachem prime is 27.99 for the big bottle. These are canadian prices. GBR's are about 12.50 for each. Thank god I got my 30 gal for 60 bucks

Gboy66 said:
Really? Thats so odd...different parts of the world i guess! Are your prices worse then say canada? I hear its not so great up there...test kit is 60 for some!!

Yeah we aren't allowed to keep or import non native species of amphibian or reptile. Deemed to be a threat to native wildlife. With Australia being an isolated country we can try to keep threats to our ecosystem out.

I've seen test kits at my LFS for $70plus. I was talking to a lady in western Australia and she had a LFS trying to sell her one for $200!! Of course I talked her out of it.

I'm having trouble finding a canister for my goldies. I just missed out on one for $35 on eBay audition last night. :( might have to spend $100 on a new one yet.

Ah no! Black friday sale we had canisters 50% off, so they were only 60$....we should have shipped you one lol

Wow!!!! I cant believe the prices in Australia & Canada!!! I wouldnt be able to support my fish addiction.... TG for craigslist & the internet!!! Are you guys able to order stuff off of amazon/ebay the same as in US or do you get killed on shipping?

Ya well in Winnipeg the prices are so hot they burn your wallet...... Literally. I wish we had better prices. Our currenc is about par with the USA but we pay over 20% more for product. Doesn't make sense to me

jlk said:
Wow!!!! I cant believe the prices in Australia & Canada!!! I wouldnt be able to support my fish addiction.... TG for craigslist & the internet!!! Are you guys able to order stuff off of amazon/ebay the same as in US or do you get killed on shipping?

We have online stores, traders mate, gumtree, classifieds and Australian eBay. We can order from the US but shipping is often more than the product itself. I get a lot of stuff from hong kong or through Australian suppliers who have shipped from there.

Not that I've seen. I'll have to look it up. What kind of prices does he have where you are?

If I ever make my way down there to visit my friends what's could bring you something Hahahaha.

skiweeangel said:
If I ever make my way down there to visit my friends what's could bring you something Hahahaha.

:D thatd be nice! Lol!

Just an update on the moores eye. It seems to have clouded right over now and has a black line down the middle of it. The good eye has the line too :( I'm doing 50% PWC every two days. He is eating well and swimming fine. Still bumps into things though :( Tank has massive diatom growth too.

image-1426809459.jpg
The spots are on the glass :)

:D thatd be nice! Lol!

Just an update on the moores eye. It seems to have clouded right over now and has a black line down the middle of it. The good eye has the line too :( I'm doing 50% PWC every two days. He is eating well and swimming fine. Still bumps into things though :( Tank has massive diatom growth too.

View attachment 66182
The spots are on the glass :)
Hi Mumma! I know you take of your water so an increase in his eye's cloudiness makes me suspect he has a bacterial infection going on that he is not winning. Do you have access to antibiotics in Australia? I do not know what the legalities regarding them are in your country. I have had success in the past treating this with a combo of erythromycin (gram positive)& minocycline(gram negative) antibiotics. Theres no way to know 100% if its a positve or negative infection without lab work though so the dual approach addresses both. Theres some other antibiotics that can effective as well but im not sure what you have access to. Even after treatment, he may still have visible cloudiness in this eye-the point is to arrest any further damage. jessica

jlk said:
Hi Mumma! I know you take of your water so an increase in his eye's cloudiness makes me suspect he has a bacterial infection going on that he is not winning. Do you have access to antibiotics in Australia? I do not know what the legalities regarding them are in your country. I have had success in the past treating this with a combo of erythromycin (gram positive)& minocycline(gram negative) antibiotics. Theres no way to know 100% if its a positve or negative infection without lab work though so the dual approach addresses both. Theres some other antibiotics that can effective as well but im not sure what you have access to. Even after treatment, he may still have visible cloudiness in this eye-the point is to arrest any further damage. jessica

Thanks Jessica. That's what I was afraid of. Going to ring some vets and ask on an Australian forum. I don't even know what available or where to start looking.

Back
Top Bottom