Saved goldfish :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I've missed a lot here :O lol.

The food looks good, and I imagine it stank to high heaven :S

Hopefully it'll do it's intended job, I think starting with the higher dosage is good, that way you can ween the fish off with gradually smaller doses till its just plain food.

Looking good so far mumma!

I've been watching this thread for a while now and just wanted to wish you luck with the "special food".

Fish and Tank (my daughter's comets) have got their fins crossed for you :)

It looks like the food turned out great, I hope the meds work.

I'm so jealous that you get to keep tanks outside, it looks so awesome!

Sisserydoo said:
It looks like the food turned out great, I hope the meds work.

I'm so jealous that you get to keep tanks outside, it looks so awesome!

Thanks!
It's pretty cool walking out side and seeing the tank. The ants are annoying though. Haven't got around to doing anything about them yet.....

Mumma.of.two said:
Thanks!
It's pretty cool walking out side and seeing the tank. The ants are annoying though. Haven't got around to doing anything about them yet.....

Must be great going outside and seeing the sun, not an everyday thing in the UK lol :(

Mumma.of.two said:
Thanks!

Yes, the ants drive me nuts on my hummingbird feeders, and I wouldn't dare use a poison for fear of hurting the birds. I just grumble and put up with it.

Sisserydoo said:
Yes, the ants drive me nuts on my hummingbird feeders, and I wouldn't dare use a poison for fear of hurting the birds. I just grumble and put up with it.

I got recommended a petroleum jelly barrier around my tank. That would work with your bird feeder. :)

Beautiful sunny day today! 32*C yesterday (was expected to be 38!). Had to leave the lights off on all my tanks yesterday to keep the temps down. Could almost leave the heaters off. They never turn on. Wait till winter though. It can be 0C early in the mornings. The goldies will need a heater then!

Just finished making the gel food. It's setting in the fridge now. Stinks just as bad as yesterday! I weighed the batch I made yesterday and it was 550g. I needed 4 capsules for 600g so I added 4 capsules today. It should be set soon then I will feed the first 'dose'.

Will it matter if the others eat some? My QT is being used and I don't have another spare filter to run on the tub I use for a second QT. No divider either.

The others should be ok if they eat some & it may even help the moors eye to get some antibiotics internally. Just keep an eye on your numbers because this stuff may wreak havoc on your bb though hopefully not! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom