Seacham Flourish/Cherry Shrimp/Clown Loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatoeSc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi-I read somewhere that Flourish Lille somebody's shrimp. I've also read that the clown loach is sensitive to copper, which Flourish contains (in extremely low amounts). Has anybody used flourish with cherry shrimp or clown loaches? What was the result?

The amount of copper used in fertilizers is very minimal. Shrimp actually need a small amount of copper too. Using fertilizers as directly is perfectly safe for shrimp and fish, including loaches. I've been using them for years with no casualities.

I've also read this before, and I plan on getting some red cherry shrimp for my 30g planted tank this week. Does anyone have any firm evidence that Seachem Flourish is safe for RCS? Thank you!

Yup, I use flourish in all of my tanks. Two of which have had RCS in them for over a year. My RCS breed like crazy! It's totally safe.

Thanks for all the responses. BTW, after reading my original post, I have to apologize for a poorly placed error. The actual product I'm asking about is the Flourish Excel. Let me know if that makes a difference to any of your responses.

Thanks!!

Excel is safe for shrimp, including RCS. I've had a number of RCS brreding in a planted tank before with daily dosing of excel.

All liquid carbons including Excel are safe even in higher dosages. I dose a high amount daily and shrimp do just fine.

I've ran extremely high CSM+B, which has higher levels of all metals than flourish, and never had a problem with shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom