seeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No problem, just get it all set up again and let it run for a while. Let us know when you get the ammo and we'll help you out.

ill check a couple stores, if i cant find it ill get getting shrimp.

ill get back to you later tonight if i do/find anything.

Thanks Eco. I had to spend time with the family. Sorry you had to go thru that on your birthday oh by the way.

Deckape said:
Thanks Eco. I had to spend time with the family. Sorry you had to go thru that on your birthday oh by the way.

You're welcome......what am I being thanked for BTW? Haha

Thanks guys. Its been a really rough day. I cant wait to go to sleep.

Glad we got to the bottom of the issue. Please keep us updated so we all may keep learning. Have a nice nite and hope your birthday dinner was good.

eco23 said:
What can I say, I'm a natural born leader, a man amongst boys! Haha. Just joking.

A legend in your own mind.....lol

Deckape said:
A legend in your own mind.....lol

That made me smile hahah both of the comments. Are you guys RL buds or forum friends?

Forum friends for now, going to an airshow with our families next month. We kept each other sane when we were cycling. We started and finished the same days.

momo said:
That made me smile hahah both of the comments. Are you guys RL buds or forum friends?

After meeting on this site, the answer is both. We're meeting up next month to have dinner and see an air show.

eco23 said:
After meeting on this site, the answer is both. We're meeting up next month to have dinner and see an air show.

Agreed.

sweet sweet deal.

i couldnt find pure ammonia, so what do i do with this frozen shrimp i have aqiured?

Also, the filters media that are for my filter come with carbon in them, and id really hate to tear this one apart too, so can it stay? or is there a way to nuetralize it?

It's not the end of the world to keep it in, but you don't want to because it'll have to be thrown away in a month which will be bad for your newly cycled fish tank... We'll get it cycled by then :). Just take a pair if scissors and cut a slice down the side and shake out as much as you can. Give me 5 minutes and I'll be right back.

I probably mentioned this already, but buy one of those rolled up sheets of filter media from the lfs. They're only a few bucks and you'll never worry about cartridges again. When your old filter is falling apart you just cut a piece out to size and stick it next to the old filter for long enough to spread the bacteria on to it. Like I said, the carbon cartridges are just a cruel way to make money at the expense of your fish and your wallet.

see, i dont care about the carbon, i just use the blue filter part so i wont be replacing it till it falls apart.

and see you in five.

I probably mentioned this already, but buy one of those rolled up sheets of filter media from the lfs. They're only a few bucks and you'll never worry about cartridges again. When your old filter is falling apart you just cut a piece out to size and stick it next to the old filter for long enough to spread the bacteria on to it. Like I said, the carbon cartridges are just a cruel way to make money at the expense of your fish and your wallet.

my LFS didnt have anything like that, ill check again tomorrow but that sounds great, plus i have lots of room in my filter.

Back
Top Bottom